Top Ten Crime Prevention Tips
2013-08-02 10:01 PDT
Crime prevention is the responsibility of everyone. Incorporating these simple but effective tips will not only reduce your risk of being a victim of crime but also make your home and community safer.
- Report suspicious activity to the police. The police need your help in solving crime.
- Be aware of your surroundings and always be alert. Many crimes could easily be averted if only people recognized the early warning signs.
- Target harden your home. Look at it as if you were a criminal. Remove and eliminate opportunities to break in.
- Keep your property clean. It shows ownership and criminals will shy away from it.
- Have a monitored alarm installed.
- Lock your doors. Fifty percent of all car break ins and the majority of home break ins are through unlocked doors and windows.
- Keep valuables in your car out of sight. The old adage of out of sight out of mind applies here.
- Carry only what you need in your purse and wallet.
- Get to know your neighbors. Join or start a Block Watch. Go to www.blockwatch.com to learn more.
- Do not provide any personal information to anyone who contacts you by phone or email.
- Date modified: